Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wendell Stanfill

Don Smith sent this email tonight: I want to update you on what I know about Wendell. He's been hospitalized for a perforated diverticulum. From what I understand, it's a colon tear of some sort. I didn't find out about it until about a half hour before I left on our family vacation May 30th. I was out of town until yesterday but got a few email updates from Jerry. The last one I got was on Friday and he said Wendell was doing really good and the doctor hoped that after the weekend he could remove the ventilator. I haven't heard anything since. As you can tell, it's pretty serious and required surgery. He's been in ICU for about 10 days I think. Anyhow, send your prayers and good vibes his way and I'll update you as I find out more. It's possible he could be in the hospital a couple of months for recovery...Don will keep us updated...so please keep Wendell in your prayers...

No comments: