Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dwayne Potts

I am sad to say that in looking for past classmates, I found that Dwayne Potts passed away in 2004. Reading his obituary I found that Dwayne lived in Elkhart, IN. He was a National Guard Veteran, and worked as a welder for Dexter Axle in Elkhart. He attended Mottville Community Church. He had three sons, and three daughters, and eight grandchildren. He had been married again in 2003. He passed away August 26, 2004.

I know that some of you have some thoughts and memories of Dwayne. I sure do. I remember him as a really cool guy. A lot of the girls had a secret crush on him. I didn't know until our last planning meeting, that he played with Don, Steve, & Keith when they were the Hurricanes. Don said that he had a lot of talent.

I am sorry to say that I don't remember when he left Caruthersville. High school was a whole different world for a lot of us, but there are pictures of him in our yearbook. I hope he had a good life, and I hope that he had good memories of the time he lived in Caruthersville.

I invite you all to leave your thoughts about Dwayne.

No comments: