Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Political Opinion

Today I am going to be political...it is that time of year. Some of us may look at teenagers now and think...oh my goodness...someday they will be in charge of our country. I think about that sometimes when I see some of the people that come into the tattoo parlor next to our studio...yes a tattoo parlor...I wonder if one of them will run for president in 20 or so years...and if so how will they hide the multi color fire breathing dragon tattoo on their neck.

I know most of our parents thought the same thing about our generation... the long haired boys, and the hip hugger pants we wore. How could they trust these kids who listened to the Beatles and wore bangs down past their eyes. All politicians seemed so old back then. I know I wondered about some of my kids friends 16 years ago...and now I run into them and they are very respected citizens...doing things I would have never expected.

Are we what our parents thought we would become? Is the world better with our generation running it? Who knows...but it is what it is...the only control we have is the "vote"...so watch the candidates...read about them, what they have done and promise to do. Educate yourself...it will not only affect our future...by our kids and grandkids. Then simply...vote...that is what our parents would want us to do.

No comments: