Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wannie Curtis Johnson


Wannie said...
"...back into the realm of learning"? Who are you and where is Terrie? (hehe) Ok, I'm feeling the pressure so I'm going to post one more time, but all of you out there who are reading this...it's easy...just do it!

The end of summer...how bittersweet. In grade school, I remember being so happy when summer began and even more excited when summer ended and school started again. A few of my favorite going-back-to-school things were...white Keds...new notebook, pencils, and paper (geeky, I know)...milk and graham crackers...bookbags...recess...playing marbles...Red Rover...jumprope. Ahh, life was simple then, huh?I spent third grade at Southside with one of my very favorite teachers of all time, Barbara Shaw. We used to think she and the guy who delivered the milk to the lunchroom liked each other...never mind, that's another story. Anyway, she sometimes let Nita and I or others walk by ourselves down to Brown's grocery to get bubblegum for the class. That would never happen these days!

I'm blank on the principal at Southside but I'm sure someone remembers.My next project is to sort though my photos and send some to Tana. Everyone needs to make that your project too. If everyone sends at least two photos...what a great collection that will make. (But send more if you have them, of course.) You know you want your picture to be in there!

I had a great summer...and I'm so glad I don't have to go to school ANYMORE! But I do miss recess!
August 14, 2008 9:00 PM

No comments: