Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reply to Wannie

Anita Dunagan Roy said...
Just an interesting reply about the principals ya'll have forgotten....at Southside it was Miss Bethel Maloore (sp?) who shared a 5th grade class with Faye Cantrell. I was in that class and I remember the swap at noon to the other teacher!

At Lee Rood, seems like we had James S.Bruton and we found out the "S" stood for SHIRLEY!!!!

Now Wannie, I do remember those days of getting to walk to the store to get gum for all those who made 100 on a spelling test (did our parents know that?) and here's the MILKMAN story! Ferrell Faulkner was the milkman who drove the truck to school and always waved at Barbara Shaw when we were outside at recess. . . he later married Peggy (?) who worked at First State Bank with my Dad for years. NOW he has a granddaughter at the school I teach in Jackson, TN and he and Peggy attend field day and special events with her. I still smile when I think of how we were making a romance out of that friendly wave!

I think often of our school days in C'ville and how simple it all was compared to today. I hope that I have created happy memories for the 25+ years of K-students I have taught in W. TN.Anita Dunagan Roy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still want to know why I nvrer gto mug for 100 on soellin? You and Wannie rock!!

I remember Shirley Bruton now...I thought he was handsome. Was he principal at Lee Rood Annex too..?

I love the milkman story...